Staying home from work today, sick.
I tested positive for strep throat yesterday. It was a mixed blessing. I'd been feeling rotten for a week, enough to put a damper on the last couple of days of vacation. Antibiotics in hand, I'm feeling much improved this morning. On the other hand, there is a fair chance that I infected some of my co-workers. Feeling entirely rotten about that.
On the upside, I spent a little time polishing chapter eighteen (and correspondingly, the end of the first of the three major parts to the book). Today I move in to the section portion.
Each part was named for a major symbolic component of Alchemical tradition: Salt, Sulphur & Mercury. I intend on using the following epigram to begin the story:
"Sulphur, Salt, and Mercury, Crowned by Heavenly Alchemy!"
Another positive note: I picked up the new Arcade Fire disc recently as well as a new EP from The Arctic Monkeys. Plenty of good music to underscore today's writing.