Friday, April 11, 2008

Marion Peck.



Seriously, how can you beat that shit? Marion Peck. Interview at Josh Spear's great blog here. From the interview:



JS: You pull much of your imagery from dreams. My dreams are either useless compared to yours, or you have an amazingly vivid memory (or an equally amazing system for recording them). How do you do it?


MP: Well, when you first wake up, you must lie very still, and most importantly, think no thoughts about the daytime world. Just let yourself drift back into the night world, and then you can catch them. If you let yourself think a daytime thought, then poof! They are gone, like fishes in a black pool. Remembering your dreams depends mostly on how much you really want to remember them; on how much importance you are willing to give them. If you want them, they will come.



Actually, I don't remember mine nearly as well as I used to. For a while there, I was a real dream explorer. I vividly remembered several complete dreams every night, and I dreamed lucidly (i.e., knowing I was dreaming while I was dreaming) with more frequency. I would love, some day, to go back and explore more, just sleep and sleep and devote myself to my dreams. They are so endlessly amazing and fascinating. It seems to me dreaming is like an amazing portal each of us has to different worlds, yet we just ignore it because we do not understand it.